New build quality

Other groundworks tasks, such as roads and footpaths, terracing, fencing, foundations, walls and brickwork, tools and plant.
exoticpete

Hi all lots of new builds going up in this area Berkshire/Surrey/ and to be honest the build quality is shocking how they ever get passed is a mystery ???.
My main problem as a landscaper is at the beginning of the development any topsoil is removed and sold, the build is done on the sub soil with heavy machinery tracking over it creating a capping layer once the houses are completed poor quality screened topsoil is then imported and spread to levels, leaving a very poorly draining garden (we are on mostly London clay) how are the developers allowed to carry out these practices think i know the answer £
Anyway rant over, but I do believe the people buying these new properties are being ripped off big time in many different ways

Peter
I wish i worked outside...

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

when they are finished they should use a ripper tooth to loosen the capped subbase before installing the rolawn or whatever

reality is the developer goes the cheap route to maximise profit over long termism
LLL
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

rab1

another trick is to use sharp sand as its even cheaper
God loves a tryer

seanandruby
Site Admin

In the last 6 weeks i've been bin bagged from two companies for refusing to do shoddy workmanship.
1) i refused to lay a foul drain with a back fall because some other guy up the line didn't orientate an IC base on two separate occasions, he put the slipper/stepped part as the invert making the main run to low for the outfall.
2) yesterday i was going to dig down with a 360 machine to 1.5 m to repair a known collar displacement on a 225 pipe. was told to "leave it as it is only a storm pipe and the concrete was coming for a reinforced slab in 2 hours." I refused as it was quite a leak judging from the flow in the manhole, so was told to leave site. ???
sean

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

principles can be tough, when there are mouths to feed and bills to pay Sean.
however right is right
kudos to you
LLL
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

rxbren

Been a while since been on site but the sayings still seem to be the same
Its only a storm drain, manhole, path, small wall etc etc