Connecting to an existing neighbours ic - Ic inlet

Foul and surface water, private drains and public sewers, land drains and soakaways, filter drains and any other ways of getting rid of water.
Tumteetum

I have exposed the inlet on base of IC for my future connection, offering up the swp to inlet appears to be very loose.
I have spoken to drainage suppliers who say the inlet socket should be a tight fit & demonstrated this with an chamber base & pipe.
The inlet seems to be 5mm to 10mm larger than my swp, impossible for a water tight seal.
I have noticed on this wonderful site a mention of a taper pipe, is this called a level invert taper pipe?.
Is this the correct way to go bearing in mind the LBC will be viewing this.
Any help would be highly appreciated.
Thanks Guys
Tom

Colin James

Check your Land Registry documents (or equivalent). It is called different things in different parts of the country. This replaces the "Title Deeds" and you can order them online. You will also need your neighbours, which you get from the same place. In my case, I found my neighbour has rights over my garden which were not mentioned in my document but only in his. Almost like the lawyers wanted to make trouble. If it is not clear, see a lawyer. Don't assume joint ownership is what you think it is.

Regards,
Colin.
C. J. Cranwell

Tumteetum

Thanks Colin I do have a copy of deeds the land border is drawn down the middle of driveway.
Thanks for your quick response
Tom

digerjones

Think some plastic manhole bases outlets have like a insert. Maybe you used to take these out for clay pipes which are wider.
Any pics
dylan

seanandruby
Site Admin

Working on a job years ago where we had to install those type and the adapters where separate, there where never enough adapters ( usual shite ) the drainage was suspended in reinforced cages and concrete on the way, so I just use a flexible sealant around the pipe in the socket, not ideal but can,t stop a metre deep pour to wait for deliveries.
sean

Tumteetum

Thanks guys, this better than going the pub
My 110mm pipe is very loose entering it into inspection chamber inlet.
The existing seal on chamber base appears in good condition, the chamber base blanking plug measures 115mm for this inlet. Ive heard of a super sleeve or taper pipe is this feasible to connect up to ic.
The inlet has a shoulder, I assume for housing the rubber seal.
Any help would be much appreciated guys as my wife is complaining the stainless steel sink is freezing her bottom.
I will try to upload pics when I can work out how to do it
Tom

seanandruby
Site Admin

go to your local builders merchants to see if they have one, if not you might have to buy a same diameter pipe as inlet, cut a stub pipe and rocker and connect to your 110 plassy with a flex seal coupler, or a stepped collar. they can order stuff for you.
sean

Colin James

Yes the drive way might be joint owned/ shared, but that does not mean you have any rights to what is underneath it.

A neighbour can have property on your land which you must respect and not interfere with. Just because it is on your land does not mean you have any rights to it. This is quite common. This of electricity supplies, water, 'phone lines, etc. My deeds are quite specific, joint ownership applies to those items used by both parties.

Regards,
Colin.
C. J. Cranwell

Tumteetum

Thanks guys, just to close this thread and any future viewers may find it useful.
The IC was found to be a supersleeve which are clay sizes (my first time). I used clay pipe stub and then connected to that with 110mm plastic. (credit seanandruby).
Thanks digger for input & stiring up thoughts.
The existing IC is fairly recent & the house was under repossession,
The shared drain runs central of driveway, Im sure the neighbours have installed an IC while vacant.
No mention on either deeds of drains property.
Thanks Colin for advice on deeds title.
Building regs passed, Im a happy chappie. Cheers.
Tom

digerjones

Glad you got it sorted
dylan