Job - Sand stabiliser + sealant

General banter, tradesmen, recommendations and warnings, surplus materials, humour and owt else!
cookiewales

one solution cut a joint in would need a good man on the saw then use narrow joint resin still not cheap but can be done
Originalstonepaving.com

The very best in natural stone paving in new and reclaimed materials
M: 07968 582231

pavingnightmare

Thank you all for your suggestions. I think I will try a sealant in June/July, as you recommended. I have also called the manufacturer and they recommend lithofin. The problem with the gaps seems more serious and the very few suggestions from you don't seem easy at all. Part of me thinks that perhaps I should do nothing and rely on the 5-year guarantee that I got from the installer, so if something happens they should come and fix it. At the end of the day they were inexperienced, yes, but nice people.
pavingnightmare

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

this is one of the great myths of workmen
that cowboys and useless ones are horrible and bad mannered

someone's personality bears no reflection on their skillset

whatsoever.....

no real paving company would lay sawn paving butt jointed

unless...

instructed by the client

hope it works out for you

LLL
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

ResiblockBoss

Hi
One of the possible solutions provided was to use one of our products Resiblock 22 - if you care to PM me with your address I would happily get a sample off to you.
Craig
ResiblockBoss

Thepinkpavingco

is slurry pointing an option guys?
Think paving, think pink!

RAPressureWashing

pavingnightmare wrote:Thank you all for your suggestions. I think I will try a sealant in June/July, as you recommended. I have also called the manufacturer and they recommend lithofin. The problem with the gaps seems more serious and the very few suggestions from you don't seem easy at all. Part of me thinks that perhaps I should do nothing and rely on the 5-year guarantee that I got from the installer, so if something happens they should come and fix it. At the end of the day they were inexperienced, yes, but nice people.

Lithofin would be fine for the paving but before you do any sealing next year you need to sort out the pointing issue first.
Roger Oakley BDA(Europe)Member 2006
R&A Pressure Washing Services Ltd
info@rapressurewashing.co.uk
www.rapressurewashing.co.uk