New home - Dpc & airbricks

Other groundworks tasks, such as roads and footpaths, terracing, fencing, foundations, walls and brickwork, tools and plant.
Danfrance1

Hi All, I am new to the site and after some information please. I have purchased a new home and wanted conformation on DPC/Air brick issue etc.

We have a patio outside our french doors, to the left just under the DPC is and air brick.

Is the air brick supposed to be above of below the DPC?
Should the DPC be at least 150mm lower than ground level at this point?
The gap which is usually full of shingle is that sufficient?

I am no expect but this seems to be funnelling in water to the air brick which surely is not correct?

Would this pass a survey?

I have an image but unsure of how to upload??

If anyone can help more with general issues regarding our new built house and regulations please message me!

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

airbricks are generally below DPC
your ground level should be 150mm below dpc
water should not be funnelled into airbricks

depends if you have a full structural survey,it wouldnt pass me
LLL
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

seanandruby
Site Admin

It's happenning more and more
On my job the their are a lot like it. Because the spec is level threshold the finishers don't bother making a fall in the remainder of the run they just flag around. Bloody awful workmanship but who's pulling them up on it? I'd demand they drop the level.
sean

rxbren

Every new build site I have been on is the same they even put the turf right up to the bottom of the air bricks no idea how they get away with it. You could try the site agent but they'll probably fob you off as all they car about is bashing the houses out