Sealant query - Ok to use resiblock ?

Setts and cobbles, tarmac, asphalt, resin systems, concrete whether it's plain, patterned or stencilled, gravels, etc.
rautospoon

Hi, Just had my drive re-tarmaced with Tegula edging.

Will it be ok to seal the Tegula with Resiblock matt in a couple of months or so ?

I propose to apply 2 coats carefully (by brush) to avoid any contact with the actual tarmac itself - having first "sanded the joints"

Thank you.

RAPressureWashing

Should be, but take care not to get the Resiblock on the tarmac, solvent sealer & tarmac don't mix.
Roger Oakley BDA(Europe)Member 2006
R&A Pressure Washing Services Ltd
info@rapressurewashing.co.uk
www.rapressurewashing.co.uk

rautospoon

R&A Pressure Washing wrote:Should be, but take care not to get the Resiblock on the tarmac, solvent sealer & tarmac don't mix.
Thanks - will be very careful and precise with a suitable brush.

local patios and driveway

as a side note, we have seen resiblock fail, and althout we finally got a refund it took a full investigation in to local weather conditions etc as they didnt believe we had enough dry weather before application. i would avoid it as a product

rautospoon

local patios and driveways wrote:as a side note, we have seen resiblock fail, and althout we finally got a refund it took a full investigation in to local weather conditions etc as they didnt believe we had enough dry weather before application. i would avoid it as a product
Resiblock is well recommended on this site and is also used on the instructional videos, so happy to "go with that".

Like every product under the sun, occasionally something can go wrong - even Rolls Royce's "break down", but still people are very keen to buy them !

RAPressureWashing

local patios and driveways wrote:as a side note, we have seen resiblock fail, and althout we finally got a refund it took a full investigation in to local weather conditions etc as they didnt believe we had enough dry weather before application. i would avoid it as a product
Out of interest what Resiblock product failed? I know they have had some issues with one product, but all in all for block paving it is still the best one on the market.

local patios and driveway

i wouldnt buy a rolls if they keep breaking down. ;) roger we had problems with a resiblock superior, im not familiar with the products now or if they still sell it. but what a hassle.

RAPressureWashing

local patios and driveways wrote:i wouldnt buy a rolls if they keep breaking down. ;) roger we had problems with a resiblock superior, im not familiar with the products now or if they still sell it. but what a hassle.
Never had a problem with the Superior, it is a bit of a pain to apply your first time round, 2 coats etc but you get used to it.
Yes they still sell it, most probably one of their best sellers.