Large polished concrete slabs/ plinths

Setts and cobbles, tarmac, asphalt, resin systems, concrete whether it's plain, patterned or stencilled, gravels, etc.
r896neo

So, I love concrete as a surface finish and i particularly like large sections which appear to float and or have defined edges.

Its obviously a firm favourite at chelsea and a high end finish.

I would love to use concrete more in gardens and particularly in my own.

I presume the slabs, when i say slabs i mean 3m x 5m pieces, you see at chelsea are precast and finished off site and then craned in?

Has anyone ever used polished concrete outdoors or made any decorative concrete walls rills raised beds etc?

I'd love to hear more about how to achieve some of the effects or anyone experience doing any of the above.

As most of us do i have experience doing normal concrete work like floors and small slabs. I can use a powerfloat etc but very little knowledge of shuttering or formwork apart from a few concrete planters etc i have made.

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

maybe read this
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Concret....158682X
I have a copy and the stuff he does is awesome
however a lot of trial and error is needed to get it right with aggregates and mix strength etc
LLL
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

r896neo

yea i have cast a few countertops after reading some of chengs online stuff. Its the larger garden stuff that i'm more interested in. Is there stuff about that in it?

Thanks