Concrete base for permeable surface?

Setts and cobbles, tarmac, asphalt, resin systems, concrete whether it's plain, patterned or stencilled, gravels, etc.
unclebob

Good Afternoon,

A while back (2014!) i enquirer with a local company to resurface my drive with resin. They recommended taking the existing surface and base out, and starting fresh with a layer of compacted mot1, a layer of concrete, finished with resin. to make it permeable they would drill holes in the concrete layer to allow water to pass from the resin to the MOT1. The aim was to appease the council to have a dropped kerb.

I never got round to getting anything done as i was intending to change water pipe and carry out some building work first.

Fast forward a year the council are moving some street furniture around which would affect my ability to get my drive cut, but the surface is still not meeting SuDS requirements. So now i need to get the surface done, but i don't want to finish it (due to building works which will almost certainly result in a damaged finished surface).

My question is:
if my existing surface is slab, concrete, compacted gravel, soil/mud, can i remove the slab layer, and drill holes through the concrete layer and then lay a gravel retention grid and fill with gravel?

Would this meet the SuDS requirements (subject to area) in allowing surface water to soak into the ground?

Once the building work is complete, I'd take the gravel and trap out and replace with resin?

msh paving
Site Admin

Total bodge, you can't drill the concrete to make it permeable,the resin surface will break up as its will have holes in it, you need to think again
MSH :(
paving, mini-crusher, mini-digger hire and groundwork
http://mshpaving.co.uk

unclebob

So how do companies make resin SuDs compliant but keep a solid base underneath to stop the resin layer cracking/breaking up?

msh paving
Site Admin

by putting a drainage channel across entrance, and piping to soakaway,
even if you did the mistake of drilling holes it will not drain into compacted type1, concrete is not designed as a permeable paving full stop MSH :)
paving, mini-crusher, mini-digger hire and groundwork
http://mshpaving.co.uk

r896neo

For a permeable surface, resin bound gravel can be laid over a base course tarmac as far as i am aware.

Kuts

r896neo wrote:For a permeable surface, resin bound gravel can be laid over a base course tarmac as far as i am aware.
open textured AC10 on type3 sub base

unclebob

So the company I was looking at gave the following:
Our specifiacation would be full excavation and then a 150mm sub base consisting of MOT type one and then 100mm of C30 concrete which will be punctured and mass filled with resin and stone to provide the necessary porous finish and the required tensile strength and durability.

Is this not the way to do it then based on comments?
If so, anyone recommend any companies who can do my drive in Harrow? Finish in resin stone?