Freshening up a stone chipping drive

Setts and cobbles, tarmac, asphalt, resin systems, concrete whether it's plain, patterned or stencilled, gravels, etc.
Lawn Green

I have a reasonably long drive (~ 30 * 3M with a turning area outside the house) , constructed of a layer of base material topped off with crush-resistant Cotswold stone. Over the years much of the stone in the main part of the drive has crushed down and there are a few ruts and lumps.

I plan to get the drive freshened up by the following:

Level out and repack ruts and lumps
Repair concrete seating around several drain covers on the drive
Replace existing granite set "rumble strip" with a longer strip (~4M) at the entrance to the drive.
Apply fresh crush-resistant Cotswold stone chippings.

I would appreciate any comments on whether this is a sufficiently detailed spec' for the job and some idea of outline costs to enable me to weigh up tenders.

Thanks.

seanandruby
Site Admin

seems good to me. a good contractor will point out any other remedial work that will nee doing. The ''rumble strip'' is a threshold. Just ot of interest is your house called the Ponderosa? :;):
sean

Lawn Green

seanandruby wrote:seems good to me. a good contractor will point out any other remedial work that will nee doing. The ''rumble strip'' is a threshold. Just ot of interest is your house called the Ponderosa? :;):

Thanks. Nice catch on the name. :)

Lawn Green

seanandruby wrote:seems good to me. a good contractor will point out any other remedial work that will nee doing. The ''rumble strip'' is a threshold. Just ot of interest is your house called the Ponderosa? :;):
Any idea of a rough cost?