Best way to clean / seal sandstone wall?

Other groundworks tasks, such as roads and footpaths, terracing, fencing, foundations, walls and brickwork, tools and plant.
Dermo

Hi Folks,

I'd be grateful for your trusted opinion on the following, before I go and do something I shouldn't.

I built this sandstone wall (pictured) in my garden last year and prior to putting down a new lawn I want to spruce up said wall and get rid of the green mould (or whatever it is) that's appeared on some of the blocks.

Should I use a purpose cleaner or bleach or something, or just give it a good blast with the power washer and a stiff brush? Also, should I then coat it with a sealer to protect it from further staining? I know they sell cleaners & sealers in Woodies and the likes but don't want to use anything that might damage the stone.

Ditto for my patio (also pictured) that's a few years old and that I unfortunately failed to maintain and so has gotten to look a bit drab with bits of moss growing in the jointing. I don't need it to look like new - just something to bring it back to life a bit.

Thanks in advance.
D

Dermo

OK so I'll give that a go, thanks a bunch!

RAPressureWashing

For the cleaning have a look on the main site, as I have a cleaning solution on there that will clean both the walls and the paving, just follow the instructions to the letter. It is the fruit & berries mix on the stains removal page.
Roger Oakley BDA(Europe)Member 2006
R&A Pressure Washing Services Ltd
info@rapressurewashing.co.uk
www.rapressurewashing.co.uk

Dermo

I'll do that Roger, thanks.