Geocell and coredrive help - I could do with some advice please!

Other groundworks tasks, such as roads and footpaths, terracing, fencing, foundations, walls and brickwork, tools and plant.
MrsKerry

Hello,

This is my first post to the forum. I've used paving expert for years to get helpful advice when specifying projects for clients. However now I'm doing my own project and I'm unsure.

I hopefully have attached an image of the build-up I'm looking to achieve for my lawn patio area. The reasons I have gone for this are: I didn't want to use concrete (environmental and practically); I want to ensure the separate materials are separated; I want it to be stable.

I would be really grateful if anyone could give me any advice or reassurance that this is a feasible scheme.

Thanks in advance.

My Webpage

My Webpage
understand the theory ... always reinventing the wheel ... just need to get on with it!

MrsKerry

My Webpage

Hopefully the drawing is here!
understand the theory ... always reinventing the wheel ... just need to get on with it!

MrsKerry

One more go!

Pinterest

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

sort of see it on pinterest
do you have a permeable drive?
TBH it looks over complicated for a domestic job IMHO
trying to work out why the geocell is filled with gravel?
or am I reading it wrong
cheers LLL
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

MrsKerry

Thanks lutonlagerlout,

I knew it would be OTT. I really wanted an alternative to the concrete used in this detail. The patio will be placed within the lawn and look a bit like this hopefully!!!

Cheers.

ImageImage

lemoncurd1702

I think I can see what you are trying to achieve but give me hell if I'm wrong.
It seems your concern is that in drought conditions the strip of grass between the paving will die.

You must live in a fairer part of the country/world than me.

Unless you're a teacher and planning to spend the summer hols abroad I would get the sprinkler out when it gets a bit dry. If you are a teacher then I would ask a neighbour or friend to get sprinkler out in return for some duty free. :D
Cheers
Lemoncurd